Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Long Time...

Wow…I have to say this is probably the longest I have gone without blogging. We have been so very busy and I just don’t have a lot of time anymore. I’ll try to catch you up on what we have been up doing.

Let me think…we finally got our house back up for sale. We relisted it on May 4th and have already had 2 different people come look at it. Hopefully someone will make us an offer soon!

I (Beth) got a new job! Yay! I applied on April 27th and the scheduled my interview on the 29th and while I was at the interview on May 1st he offered me the job! That was the easiest interview process ever. I am now the administrative assistant for a vice president. This is with the same company I was already working for. I will be full time with him on June 1st. I am super excited! This was a much needed change!

On Saturday we left our house at 3:30am to drive to Mobile for Carrie’s college graduation. I’m very glad we went, but it was such a long day. We got home a little before 2:00am on Sunday. Lori and Joel rode down with us and Adam joined for the trip back since he is done with school for the summer. We loaded down our car with stuff that Carrie needed us to bring back for her. She left for Greece on Monday and will be gone until next Friday. Then she will be working for a little over a month and then she is moving to NC to go to seminary.

Last Wednesday I started a new cake decorating course. This one is on fondant and gum paste and I think it is going to be really fun! Jeminah was not able to come to this one with me, but another friend from work and my neighbor joined. I am excited about class tonight. I’ll try to post a picture or two of my cake. Speaking of cakes, I made my first tiered cake for a bridal shower a couple weeks ago. It was just a 2 tiered cake, but still. I’ll try to post a picture of that too.

I forgot…I also had to go to Portland, ME for work…that was back at the beginning of April. I didn’t get to do anything fun…just had to go to meetings and training. Fortunately, it was only for 3 days.

That is about all I can think of for now. I will try to post again soon. I know I have tons of new pictures to post.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Goodness, you have been busy! I am so happy you got the job!! How exciting! And now you are starting the fondant and gum paste class? ok now I am jealous lol I love working with fondant!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Beth said...

The fondant is so fun! I did not take any pictures of my cake from class last night because it was crazy looking. She taught us about 4 different things and just had us put them all on our cakes...what a mess :) My fondant covering the cake wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. I made my own fondant and I think it was just a bit off. It kind of had a few bubble bumps on it. I am going to try again. Do you make your own fondant?

Tara said...

Yah I use the marshmallow recipe! So easy..and seems to turn out wonderful.. just have to do it a least 24 hours ahead of time. I just hate coloring it grrr.. lol

Jon & Kate.. well its just evident after watching the show that they are both hurting..and torn..and have changed so much.. I just feel that without this show they might be able to piece it all back together..but right now.. with the money and limelight dangling in front of them.. it makes it difficult.. almost a choice.. Very sad.

Beth said...

Maybe that was my problem this week. I didn't make it early. It did work better the second day. Good to know. Thanks!

Tara said...

Hey Beth I have something for you over at my blog here:


http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-nice-to-be-thought-of.html

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

Do you have pictures from graduation? I haven't really seen any.

Unknown said...

So, I have good news for you. You set a new record on longest time you've gone without blogging. When you wrote this blog, you said it was probably the longest amount of time you've gone with out blogging, and it had been 50 days since you had last blogged. I'm happy to report that it has now been 53 days since you posted this blog. A new record!!... This is a not to subtle way of saying that it is time you update those of us who don't get to live close by. That is all!...Love you by the way.